- Saturday, October 1 -- Biggest Yard Sale in Charlotte history. It will be in our front yard at 5108 Dogwood Place, Charlotte 28212. We could still use some help Friday afternoon and evening for set-up and in the early morning hours on Saturday getting everything put out and ready.
- Sunday, October 2 -- We will be commissioned at HGBC Main Campus during all three morning worship services.
- Wednesday, October 5 -- (Lee's Birthday) We will be traveling to Augusta, GA to speak to a student event at FBC Augusta.
- Sunday, October 9 morning -- We will be commissioned at HGBC North Campus during both morning worship services.
- Sunday, October 9 evening -- HGBC will honor us with a reception at North campus following the Night of Worship which begins at 6:00.
- Friday, October 14 -- This is the tentative date for packing our crate to ship to Mozambique, Africa.
- Monday, October 17 -- We will travel to Richmond, VA to begin our 2 months of concentrated training for the mission field.
Thursday, September 29, 2011
This is what the next couple of weeks looks like for the McDaniel crew....
at 8:52 PM
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Finally, the blog is up and going!
I know so many of you want to know what is going on with our family. I will try to catch you up on the major things that have been happening in our crazy life.
We moved out of our house on June 14 and into the Haynes family basement. They were precious to let all 5 of us, a golden retriever and all of our things invade their home for about 7 weeks. We are so thankful for their hospitality and generosity.
At the end of July, Tracy and Emma went with a group from HGBC to Ridgecrest in the North Carolina mountains for a week of fun at CentriKid camp.
The first week of August brought a hot move to the HGBC Mission House. It was a blessing to have a huge backyard and a bedroom for everyone!
Meghan was able to get her ears pierced. (The picture is blurry, but priceless! I only had one hand for the camera because she was squeezing the other one!)
At the end of August we celebrated Miss Emma Claire’s 10th birthday in our backyard. The party was full of water games and an awesome tarp slip n’ slide!
Part of the moving process for us was finding a new home for our sweet golden retriever, Molly.
God provided a great family for her! Thank you Rosenschein family for loving her as much as we do. That has made all the difference for us.
We slipped out of town for a few days and enjoyed our family’s place at the beach. I have no pictures from this last trip to the coast! What kind of mother am I?!?!? Lee and I spent a good bit of time that week working on paper work and the like for the IMB.
September has flown by. On the 10th Lee and I left for Orlando, FL. We spent 5 days with other men and women preparing for our service with the IMB. It was a wonderful time to meet other missionary families, IMB staff, and trustees. They are all precious people with a unified goal: to take the Gospel to the ends of the earth. We are honored to join this team!
Our time ended in a celebration service where we were appointed as International Mission Board missionaries. We were blessed by our family and friends that came so far to share this special time with us.
After our appointment service, we were able to spend over a week in the Orlando area on vacation. It was great to spend concentrated time with our kids having fun! Things are so busy at home that they needed some focused time from mom and dad (and some grandparents) and we needed to soak up some time with them.
Now we are back at home with a long list of things to do. Pray for us. The enemy would love to discourage us.
at 12:43 PM