Friday, August 30, 2013

Stretching Myself -- By Meg

This past Saturday was a day that I had to stretch myself. I had to do somethings that
 I haven't done before. First off, let me just say that lots of tears were shed. 

A couple weeks ago the Pastor came to our house to have a meeting with 
my parents about some ministry stuff.  
The pastor came up with the idea about me starting to teach the little kids at church.
 He said that if we start with the kids then the parents will hopefully want to see 
what kinds of things their children are talking about.
So they called me down and he asked me if I would like to start 
teaching the little kids on Saturday mornings.
 I said yes.
 Mom said that I would start teaching them in 3 weeks. 
So that would be August 24. 
Last week I started preparing for my lesson.
 I chose creation to teach on. 
I had some ideas of what I wanted to do in the 2 hours period that they gave me. 
I chose to sing some, play a few little games to try and get them warmed up to me, I also wanted to use my parachute that my Granny gave me for Christmas 2 years ago right before we left to come to Mozambique. I also wanted to do a Bible story. It went great! 
It took me a while to get my grove, but for my first time I think I did pretty good! 
I had about 18 kids there!!

As they started to come in I tossed around this fish that I had to help them get warmed up to me.
Then I got my parachute out.
Then I started teaching.
It was so hot!!! I was dripping with sweat! Can you tell?!?
I was also very nervous about going because every Saturday morning some of the guys from church come and make blocks. I was so afraid that they would stand at the door and stare at me! But they didn't! They just minded their own business.
Here are some pictures of them making the block.




We went home and took my Grandparents to the airport then we came 
back home and relaxed some. 
Then, I got so upset I could hardly control myself. You see, every Saturday afternoon the youth have a little Bible study and they also practice their songs 
and dances for Sunday morning. 
I DID NOT want to go! 
But mom told me that I had to go. I asked her why and she said, You have to go because you have already told them that you were going to come today."  But that didn't help any. 
Then the conversation went like this. 
"Is it normal for you to see them at church every Sunday?" I said, "Yes." Then she said, "Well it is normal now for you to be there, too." 
I was so upset about going because I thought that they would all stare at me. 
So...I told my self that I had to go. So I got dressed then we walked out the door. 
It wasn't that bad once I got there. 


Then it came time to sing up at the front. Emma and Lilly literaly ran to mom. But I told myself that I was going to get up there and sing with them. The only bad part was I was the tallest person! I really wanted to shrink down about 5 inches!! But it wasn't bad!



It is still hard to go to church, but not as hard now. One girl in particular is very nice. Please pray that I would be friends with these girls quickly!!

Hugs,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment