Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Do not store up for yourselves...

TREASURES ON EARTH!


















Why, oh, why do we accumulate so much stuff? I hope I never again have as much stuff as we had 6 months ago. 

In an attempt to get rid off everything that we would not need for training in Richmond or ultimately in Africa, we had a yard sale in May. That was just the beginning! After that, we sold things on Craig's List and through our virtual yard sale. We gave things to family and friends. I took load of boxes to be donated. Yet....we still had enough for this huge yard sale this past Saturday.

Thank you to my sweet friends, Ashley, Julie, and Shannon for helping me on Friday and Saturday. I could not have done it without you girls!!!

We sold about half of our stuff on Saturday. 

Today, Bill and Bruce from the Salvation Army came and picked up the rest!



Good Job guys! You see, these men have had some hard times, but are working hard to stay on their feet. Bill and Bruce are putting their hope in the Lord. Are you?

Lesson learned over the past 6 months....there is freedom in having less.... 

Tracy


No comments:

Post a Comment