Thursday, October 20, 2011

We made it!

Monday of this week was a very long day. Everything that we would need for our 2 months of training had to be carefully packed into Lee’s Honda pilot. The packing list included shoes and clothing for 5 people, coats, jackets, and gloves for the cold weather that is to come, games and books for the girls, and so many other things. It was a hoot! Not an inch of space went unused. Even the car's jack compartment was used for storage.







After many hours, we were on our way! The girls were in the car like sardines in a can. Yet, not a complaint was issued the entire way to Virginia. Lilly said, "This is a great memory. I think we will tell our children about it." I hope they always remember the time that God sent us to Africa to tell people about Jesus.

Around 9pm Monday evening we pulled up to the International Learning Center. It had been a very long day. 

I would love to share about the last 2 weeks. There is so much to tell and show you in pictures. In the days to come I will try to go back and post about our adventures.

For now, love to everyone!

Tracy

5 comments:

  1. That's impressive! God may call you to vehicle packing next...you are good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting..what a great adventure to share! Glad u guys made it safe and sound...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw that you're in Richmond. I'm an hour and a half away. How long are you in Richmond? I'd love to drive up and see you, if even just for a cup of coffee. Either post on FB or email me, if you have time to catch up with an old friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like such a short time ago that I was crying in Tracy's van when she first shared with me that the passion Lee had for missions was so fully becoming her passion as well. They were planning to pursue full time mission work abroad and I was in complete denial. I didn't completely understand what giving it all away and serving the Lord looked like then. I had no way to know just how "weighing" our earthly possessions can be. Tracy has taught me many things, but the main thing I have learned from her is that where we put our treasure truly is where our heart is. She gives, gives and gives. She gives herself to the Lord, to her husband's leadership and to the pursuit of others' salvation even though it cost her comfort, security and her beloved cup o happiness (Starbucks with her name on it:-) I have a picture (that was once hers) that now hangs in my home that reminds me everyday to not treasure stuff.

    Thank you sweet Tracy for your influence and your friendship...I love you Tracy McDaniel.... I am praying for you...

    Lori Yearick

    ReplyDelete