Sunday, November 13, 2011

The 1st of Many Haircuts

I knew the day would come....


Lee got up the nerve and let me cut his hair! 


I will do it all of the time in Africa and it is time that I learn how. My friend Shandra cuts her husband's hair so she encouraged me (and Lee) to just do it after church today.


Here he is telling me how the "barber" does it. 



 Here Meghan and I getting him covered up. (No...I was not styling my Texas hair....the wind was blowing!)



Trying to get up the nerve to put the clippers to his head...




Lee is saying, "Just do it. Have confidence!" I am thinking, "This could go really bad!"


 Hair going everywhere!

Checking progress in his reflection in the window.



Just about finished. Lilly can out of to make sure I didn't need help. 


He received many comments on how well I did. I only butchered 1 side burn. Other than that I was right proud of myself. I think Lee is wishing he had not spent all that $$ all these years on haircuts!

Tracy

2 comments:

  1. Good job! I used to cut Daniel's hair (when he had it!) and I've always cut Hayes'. You'll get used to it. Just don't EVER forget the guard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Tracy! It looks like you did a great job. Chris learned to cut his own hair as a jman and I am so glad b/c I'm scared to try. I am loving the gorgeous scenery you guys got to enjoy for your haircut. That is such a beautiful place. Enjoy being able to go for walks and runs without dodging potholes :). Praying for you guys and looking forward to meeting you.
    Blessings,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete