Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Closest Thing to Target I Can Find

Well, it's not all that close, but I like going there anyway.


There are 3 large markets in Quelimane. One of them is known as the "Used Clothing Market". They do indeed have lots of used clothing, however they have so much more! There is the used clothing, there is furniture, there is kitchen stuff, there is a large assortment of used linens, and there is hardware.....just like Target. I love it!












Just your style, Meghan!


Lee and I took our language teachers along with Meghan and Sally. The females were on a mission to find some cool tops for Meghan, Emma, Lilly and I. The guys....were just looking around.


Lee and Ciprinao, one of Lee's language teachers
If you come to visit....I will take you shopping! You never know what good stuff you might find. Here is what we found!
This is what we bought
This is what we wanted to buy but didn't


You ask where does the clothing come from? It comes from the states and Europe some how. Some have suggested to me that Goodwill and places like that send stuff to 3rd world countries. I'm not sure! If you have any insight, please comment!


Tracy

2 comments:

  1. I want to shop with you! I'd love it! Thanks for all of the stories and for sharing your adventures with us! It's really amazing and God is going to use you guys in awesome ways! Just hang in there! And... I may have a little adventure of my own..not as far away, but you can pray for me! God is up to something to get me out of my comfort zone! Can't wait to see what He has in store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of consignment sale shopping (minus all the crazy women rushing in to find that one smocked dress in the whole place, LOL!). Looks like you got some good finds!

    ReplyDelete