Friday, March 9, 2012

Reading Group -- March 6

This week I had a great time doing tutoring at the Coalane church. Sally had everything super organized! She got the kids into their groups and we were off reading Portuguese.


My little morning group
My big afternoon group (& Lilly my helper)
some of their sweet faces
I love how there is ALWAYS several kids taking care of their siblings!!
Even the boys are nurturing to siblings!
This particular guy was having a difficult time with his brother.
The little man just kept on crying and the older brother was so patient with him
and eventually got him to sleep....all the while.....participating in his group with a smile!
How sweet is this!
She was so proud that I was taking a picture of her and her sister.
The little ones that are too big to be carried, run around the church and play
Or play in the dirt in the middle of the church
How cute is she??? She almost found a home at my house!
What I love about this week more than anything was how Lilly and Emma interacted with the kids! They asked me and asked me if they could go out and play with them.....something we begged them to do just weeks ago! The problem was that the other reading groups were not quite finished and they were disturbing them. What to do?!? A blessing and a curse.....

Here they are just standing at the door....wishing to go out....
then playing hand games with a friend.....
then with another friend...
and running around the church yard!
I was so blessed by our time on Tuesday. Pray for us....for me to be able to teach using this new language and that I am able to communicate the love of Jesus with these children and eventually with their families, for Meghan to also be able to use Portuguese to teach, for Emma and Lilly to make friends and learn at the same time. Also, pray that I find the balance between letting them build relationships through play and learning to read portuguese. If they are outside playing.....the other children want to join them and not stay in their group. 


Tracy

1 comment: