Friday, June 22, 2012

My sweet Mozambican life...By: Meghan

Well, I am finally getting enough time to do a another blog post!!


I am going to tell you the perspective of a 13 year old MK (missionary kid). And I will show you some of my favorite mozambican pictures!!


These are some of my sweet children that I get to see every Sunday and Tuesday.

The girl in the middle, is the girl that I am
teaching to read on Tuesday afternoons.

This sweet girl is Sally's "little friend"as me and my mom call her!!
Her name is Dalila (de-le-la).
I have also gotten to go out to villages...here are some of the sights that you will see!

SWEET!!!

She stuck to me like glue!!!

I got to help with VBS!!

Her sister came to me and said, "I need for you to take care of her while I play games!"
I of corse took her!! I was also trying to manage a line of 2-7 year old kids!!
 So I strapped her on my back!!
I was learning how to make a ball out of reeds!!

I love this!!!


Please pray for all of these children to learn about Jesus and know that he loves them and that he cares about them. Please pray that they will invite their parents to come to church, and that the parents will listen to them, and come. They need to be growing up in a Godly home.

One thing that I love is reading group. Every tuesday we go out to church and do a reading group to help the kids learn to read. Lots of them don't know how to read anything. They are probably in a class of about 100 kids.

Sweet!!

She is precious!!


One thing that you need to know about me is I LOVE children....of all kinds!!


He was sitting beside me...so I plopped him in my lap!!

OK...This is not all easy. Lots of it is very hard. The hardest thing is not having any English speaking friends. I have one friend here her name is Geejnissa. She is Hindu. Please pray for her. She is worshiping a god that is not true and everlasting.


This was my life...

This is my life now...


I would not trade it for anything....I love them so much!! But I also miss my Best Friends back at home!!

I hope that you realize that this is not easy. Trying to learn a language is not easy. Trust me!!


That is my sweet Mozambican life!!

Hugs,
Meghan

4 comments:

  1. yay Meghan! You are inspiring so many people here to pray for you and your family and Africa. It dosn't seem as far away since you and your family are there and send pictures and prayer requests. We love hearing about how God is using you all! love to you and keep being faithful to the call that GOD has placed on your lives! you are doing so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your blog. Thanks for sharing Megan. I know God is using you to bless those beautiful children. It blesses me to read that you understand that even though it's hard, it is good. Keep pressing on!
    Blessings, Aunt Linda Allen (Nairobi)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post, Meghan. It is great to hear your perspective on life there. I know there must be incredible highs and some days of being completely overwhelmed with the changes. Thankful that God has placed you there for this time. Those children are so lucky to have you there to love them with His love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious girl...I am SOOOOO proud of you! So many girls your age would be complaining, or whining and while I get that you're not sugar coating things to seem like it's all wonderful times, I get that you are trusting God to meet your needs, be your "Bestie" and use you to spread His love! THAT is what matters and I love that you "get it"!!! You keep shining for Jesus, and I will keep praying for you!! I love and miss your sweet smile and hang on, Sheldon will be there soon!!! ;-)
    All my love - Ms. Valarie

    ReplyDelete