Monday, August 20, 2012

My First Teaching in Portuguese

Sorry that I am way behind on my blogging. 
Since Sally left for the states I have had many responsibilities. 
I am going to try to catch up this week.

A couple of Sundays ago I taught Sunday School in Portuguese for the first time. Sally had let Quelimane for the states and Wanne was gone to a conference.  So it was my turn to start teaching. I was prepared to teach the smaller children, those 10 and under. But, the gentleman that normally teaches the older children during Sunday School had to teach the adults. So, that left me to teach everyone! I never thought that I could pull it off.....but I did it! I actually did a whole Bible lesson in Portuguese!!! Now don't get me wrong, I couldn't have done it from memory. I had to read it. But it was a giant confidence booster for me. The girls were also proud of themselves for helping so much. I was a proud Momma, too!

Getting started with some songs. 
The Lesson....Jacob and Esau 
Notice Bionda helping me a little with some pronunciation.
It was so great to teach again!!!
Giving out their coloring sheets
sweet faces
There were around 90 kids there.
Trading for a different color

We tried to play some games, but we ran out of time.

The beginning of my new teaching career....it is a beautiful thing. God is good!

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment