Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sheldon's Here!

The Lord blessed our family with a new member this week. Back in March, we felt Him leading us to invite a young lady to come live with us for a while. We knew that when Sally left to go back to the states I would need help with the girls to be able to continue my Portuguese studies. Immediately we knew who the Lord had chosen to come...Sheldon Smith from Charlotte!
After months of waiting, finally the time came for her to arrive. Our family drove to the city of Nampula to get her. 

Off we go!
The beautiful trip to Nampula......
enjoying God's creation.
The hillside covered in huts
The next day we went to the airport to get her.
Waiting....
The mountains just behind the runway.
Just spotting her plane
It's here!!
On the ground!
Can you see her? With the pillow....in the middle...
See me? I was trying so hard to get the guard at the door to let me in
to help her through immigration and have her bags checked.
He wouldn't let me!!!
Finally, we had her!
This is the sign Emma made for Sheldon.
They are so happy she is here.
All the girls

The whole family!
Sheldon having a chance to read her sign.
We love her so much already! She is perfect for our family.

Tracy

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Thank you for sharing these with us! Made my heart smile! Take care of my girl! Love and miss you guys....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet. I know she was so exhausted and emotional and relieved to be at your house!! What a treasure, that Sheldon Smith... take good care of my little sister ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course she's perfect! We knew that it would be hard to let her go because we'd all miss her, but we also knew that your family was the absolute best place for her if God was calling her to this! We are so excited for all of you and have prayed for all of you daily! We love you!

    ReplyDelete