Saturday, September 15, 2012

Women's Conference #2

Last weekend I went out with Wanne, Jenni, and April to attend a women's conference out of town. We left Friday at lunch and drove for about 3.5 hours into a rural area.

Homes in this village
Enjoying hanging out after we arrived
(Wanne, Jenni, and me)
Let me show you around.....

Our tents behind the church

The "facilities"......bathhouse on the left....toilets on the right... 
the toilet
The bathhouse :)
Starting Saturday off with coffee and breakfast
Teaching Saturday morning
Me giving my testimony
For those of you who would love to hear me talk in Portuguese.....here you go....



during a break we learned (or tried to learn) how to tie head-scarfs
That afternoon we took a walk to see their village.
Wanne looking for a cell signal.....no success...
Their clinic/hospital.....it is all they have
These ladies asked me if I would take their picture
Wanne getting the coffee started on Sunday morning....Brazilian style
Some of the many people gathered for this special Sunday morning 
Warming up the drums
More of the ladies read for the service
Our kitchen staff for the weekend
Some of the sweet children in this village that came to see 
what all the fuss was about at the Baptist Church.











I learned something about bananas this weekend...
Banana trees only product one stalk,
"cacha" in Portuguese,
in their lifetime.
After the service we loaded the back of John truck with all of our stuff.
I was the last person to walk away from the truck.
A lady approached the truck to give us some sugarcane.
I walked back to the truck, put the sugarcane in, and began to shut the door.
Then it happened.....AGAIN....I was hit on the head!!!!
The door came off as I was closing it and fell on my head.
You cannot imagine how heavy this door is! It is steel!
I felt as bad as I look!
I had a big gash on my head and it hurt like crazy.
(My precious friend Jenni is comforting me!)
John had to strap the door on it get home.
After a very bumpy 3 hour drive, I had a doctor check it in Quelimane.
She said no stitches were needed.
Sheldon is checking it out, too.
Pretty bad
My poor head has had quite a bit of trauma in the last 6 months.
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment