Monday, April 15, 2013

Some Wild Things -- By Meg

We have had some things happening and I thought that you guys would like to know!!! 

Yesterday and today has been very cool for Mozambique.
 About the upper 70's with some rain.
It has been this cold in Zambia and South Africa, but not Mozambique! 
So we were all bundled up! But mom and dad weren't even the slightest bit cold! 




And also our cat, Daisy, has been a piece of work! 
She will get into everything and go to the bathroom in her cage, all the time! 
(We have even had some meltdowns about that! :))
But she is bringing joy to the family! 
Yesterday night I walked into the pantry/laundry room and I saw her up on the wire shelf!
 I was so amazed that she could get her little self up there!!! It was crazy!




Today  our house worker, Anita, and I made some Apas (Tortillas). 
It was good for me because I haven't had that much practice practicing my
 Portuguese so I have forgotten some!!
 So I was able to make some nice conversation with her
 and she seemed to be warming up around me!
 Even though she didn't really know how to make the Apas and
 I had to teach her how to make them while teaching myself because I forgot also! 
But they turned out SOOOOOO good! 






Mom and Dad have also been doing language 3 days a week. Our friend Flora is here for collage and she had some extra time to come and teach them in the afternoons! 
They seem to be doing well! 




That is what has been going on! We have a CRAZY life!! 

Hugs,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment