Friday, October 5, 2012

The End of Tuesday Tutoring

All good things must come to an end.....that's what they say.....
But, I hate that idea!
Last week we had our last Tuesday Tutoring class at church. 
Their school year is drawing to a close, and their summer vacation will soon begin. 
Those of you who are teacher will understand how attached I got to my students.
I hated to see this day come!

It was really cool, however,  to look at how far we all have come since February. We have all learned so much language, of course. But also, the girls have grown so much. They HATED going in the beginning and stayed right next to me the whole time. 
Not anymore! Look at how involved they are now! 

Tutoring is only for 3rd grade and up.
Therefore, the smaller children have nothing to do but disturb the reading groups.
Lilly and Emma started about a month ago taking the little guys outside and playing with them.
They have taught them "duck, duck, goose".
Except they use "duck, duck, chicken" because the kids do not know the word for goose :)
Lilly LOVES being in charge!
This is impressive for an 8 and 11 year old!

This looks fun!
Lilly and Amandia picking up young mangos
Meanwhile inside the church we are all hard at work.
This is Meghan's morning group.
They made very good process!
My morning group....all boys except for Regina.
Lilly and Emma taking a break from the kids outside to play just with their most special friends!
While her sister Regina does her math paper, I was loving on sweet Amandia....they are a very special family to me.
Meghan's huge afternoon group
Helping some of my boys
This is Sheldon and Saji. Saji is new to our reading program. He recently moved to the area.
He is very kind and gentle....but he cannot read at all. He tells me that he is not going to school.
My heart breaks for him because reading is over with.
I begged him to come to church on Sunday....but he did not.
Join me in praying for him.
My sweet Regina.
More of my group.
Some of my afternoon group.
Lilly's preschoolers
Meghan's big afternoon group.
The kids love to chase the car. This particular day we were in Wanne's car and the girls sat in the back until we got to the paved road. Look at Emma making faces at them!!!! Hilarious!
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Saturday, we invited all the parents and children to come to the church to celebrate.
The church was absolutely full of children and parents!

First we sang some songs 
More parents could not get in the door.
Wanne presented Creation-to-Christ to the group.
I am sure that it is the first time that many of these people have heard the Lord's story.
I really wanted to speak to these mothers. 
So, I prepared a little message on James 1:5.
When you ask the Lord for wisdom - He gives it.
We will greatly miss our time with these sweet children. They have become a part of me. But, such is the life of a missionary. Moving on....

Tracy

1 comment:

  1. I love this post and it's so funny how much you continue to bless me and how the Lord speaks thru you to me! I've had to do some "moving on" myself recently and you're reminding me that this is the Lord's plan for us all. Plant seeds and He'll do the rest!! Thank you sweet friend and please give your girls and my Shel a big kiss from me!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete