Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Various Happenings

This post is really for the grandparents. I know how much they want to see what has been happening around here lately. So, here a glimpse......


We love receiving our awesome packages.
This one is from a SS class at Hickory Grove....
...and these were from the grandparents!
An MK friend of the girls was in town for a very short visit and spent the day with us.
They had an awesome time tie-dying t-shirts.
Working hard
Activities like this are such a blessing.
There is so little to do in our town that is really fun.
Love the backyard, don't you?!? 
Nice job Emma!
Lilly doing one for Mom!
It doesn't rain here for most of the winter and spring.
So the day it rained last week was so weird.
Lilly couldn't resist going out and playing in the rain!
When Flora arrived, they started singing "Singing in the Rain" together.
How sweet is this!

LOVE this girl!
One day earlier this week I was walking through the market and ran up on this.....a watermellon!!!
I was so excited!! When Lee saw it he said, "You are prepared for it to not be ripe, aren't you?"
I was prepared, yet optimistic!
This is what it looked like :(
Actually, it wasn't bad. I guess it is a different variety.
Lilly and Sheldon liked it.
Lilly kept eating and eating.....
....until it was totally gone.
And then there is the pumpkin that I found.
Before I cooked it and made it into pumpkin bread, Emma wanted to carve it. 
And carve it she did!
Before it hit the oven, this is what it looked like.
The other news around the McDaniel house is that we have a new car.
It is an older Land Cruiser that is perfect for our family.
We can fit so many people in it and still have room to breathe!
And then....there is always a whole lot of language going on.
This is all of the girls working together with the language helpers on an art project.
I continue to try new things to help them learn and motivate them!
Really, this what it is all about much of our day...... studying Portuguese!!!!
I pray so fervently for the Lord to bless me with Portuguese
so that I can tell these women and children that our God is ABLE!!!!
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment